||/App/data/CarouselImages/Thumbnails/WP_20170330_17_08_04_Rich.jpg||Homepage 4|| || ||
Homepage 4
||/App/data/CarouselImages/Thumbnails/WP_20170330_17_06_48_Rich.jpg||Homepage 8|| || ||
Homepage 8
||/App/data/CarouselImages/Thumbnails/WP_20170327_20_46_12_Pro1.jpg||Homepage 3|| || ||
Homepage 3
||/App/data/CarouselImages/Thumbnails/WP_20170327_20_53_45_Pro.jpg||Homepage 2|| || ||
Homepage 2
||/App/data/CarouselImages/Thumbnails/WP_20170330_17_04_30_Rich.jpg||Homepage 5|| || ||
Homepage 5
||/App/data/CarouselImages/Thumbnails/WP_20170330_17_11_12_Rich.jpg||Homepage 1|| || ||
Homepage 1
||/App/data/CarouselImages/Thumbnails/WP_20170327_21_04_05_Pro1.jpg||Homepage 6|| || ||
Homepage 6
||/App/data/CarouselImages/Thumbnails/WP_20170330_17_03_55_Rich.jpg||Homepage 7|| || ||
Homepage 7

History

The club was established in 1878 making it one of the 3 oldest tennis clubs in Scotland with some evidence suggesting it might in fact be the oldest. It was originally set up at a site in Easter Williamfield but moved to the present site when the 2nd Stirling High School was developed on that site.

Originally there were just 2 blaes courts but a third was added in the 1950s. In the 1960s and 70s with the increasing interest in squash the new clubhouse was built incorporating the 2 squash courts which were opened in September 1976. These were the first squash courts in Stirling. The club was renamed at this time to its current title.

The tennis courts were resurfaced as all-weather artificial grass courts in 2000 and floodlights were also added. The tennis court surface was completely renewed in 2014 and is maintained on a regular basis making it one of the best playing surfaces in the region.